Interesting

Sep 7, 2008 at 3:16 PM
Hi

Could you please write common use cases of your tool.

I see only one use case: when user goes to a computer club and wants to download something. But in this case it's comfortable to download to temp folder all data and then store it in specified ZIP archive?

At home and at work you can install svn clients.
Coordinator
Sep 7, 2008 at 4:43 PM
My scenario - I use TFS, and I don't want to install SVN clients and learn how to use them. I need something simple that just works.
I wrote this utility for me, and I made it public so others who needs it can use it.

If you find it easier to install SVN client - do that.
Sep 8, 2008 at 6:22 AM
What is TFS?

Using of SVN is commonly used among programmers. Almost all programmers where i work use it. So from my point of view it's investment of the programmer into himself - to study commonly used technologies.

Did you tried TurtoiseSVN Repo browser?

I had the same situation with svn.I dislike it for it's complexity but during 3 monthes of work i get used to it and now i'm finding it great.

I'm not talking that your tool is bad. As for me at university and computer club where no turtoise SVN client installed it's very comfortable to use your tool ;)
Coordinator
Sep 8, 2008 at 6:36 AM
TFS - Team Foundation System, it's Microsoft source control (actually software life cycle) that replaced SourceSafe. Simple, easy and integrates in with Visual Studio. It's major drawback - it's not free.

It has been a while since I tried SVN clients. When I did - one insists he wants Java VM, others wanted to attach themselfs to Windows Explorer/Visual Studio/whatever. At that time I couldn't find a simple stand-alone client for SVN.

Writing this small utility took me less time than trying to find a tool that will fit my needs.
Sep 25, 2008 at 6:47 AM
Apparently this is a nice tool for who does not want to use a SVN client to download the source code they want. I know most SVN clients support this feature already, but they are all too big to download or install and you need to spend some time reading their manual. This tool releases them from the overshoots.$0$0$0$0But I really want to comment on the home page. Do you know that CodePlex now supports SVN clients directly? Thus, now this tool can be used to download source code from CodePlex, too (besides Google Code and SF.net).$0
Coordinator
Sep 25, 2008 at 6:58 AM
I didn't know that CodePlex supports SVN, but anyway, in CodePlex you can download a zipped version of the source code after every check-in so there's no need to use this tool. For some reason both Google Code & SF.NET force you to use SVN or web interface to download the source. I wish they had this feature, which will make the project obsulete.
Sep 25, 2008 at 11:17 AM
Yes, that's a big problem that much software sites does not provide a feature - latest zipped sources from its svn

2008/9/25 shporer <notifications@codeplex.com>

I didn't know that CodePlex supports SVN, but anyway, in CodePlex you can download a zipped version of the source code after every check-in so there's no need to use this tool. For some reason both Google Code & SF.NET force you to use SVN or web interface to download the source. I wish they had this feature, which will make the project obsulete.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (DownloadSVN@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email DownloadSVN@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--

Best regards, Siarhei Kuchuk
-----------------------------------------
Cuchuk.Sergey@gmail.com
toCuchukSergey@yandex.ru

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION AND DISCLAIMER
This message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) to which it is addressed and contains information that is legally privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. All unintended recipients are obliged to delete this message and destroy any printed copies.
Nov 10, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Heres another reason:  Your behind a proxy.  Of course, your source didn't include proxy code so i added it, but it works great behind a proxy now.  If you would like my additions, let me know.

Gudy